Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

What I'm thinking about...

This is for fun because in my creative writing class we watched a video on someone doing  a poem about what they were thinking about.  So here's where I start:
I had a dream about you because you're all I think about.
I'm thinking about you like Spock thinks about logic.  I'm thinking about you like Archer thinks about Porthos who thinks about cheddar.  Like cheese thinks about time and people think about limes.

  I'm thinking about you like Harry Potter thinks about the Elder wand; like Voldemort thinks about Horcruxes.  I'm thinking about you like pianos think about music, like Drug Lords think about money, like druggies think about getting "sunny".  Like Mr. Nelson and honey, like snakes think about eating bunnies.

  I'm thinking about you like pods think about peas, and hippies think about trees, and queens think about kings.  I'm thinking about you now like keys think about locks and boats think about docks, and crabs think about rocks.  I'm thinking about you like yellow thinks about lemons, and saints think about heaven and Barbie thinks about Ken.

  I'm thinking about you like a lawn mower thinks about grass, and a builder thinks about brass, and churches think about mass.  I can't get over you because you're in my mind.  You are my one, my only, true Valentine.

  I think about you like a stranger thinks of money.
  I love you true my one, and only, mother who is my Valentine.

I know that this sounds a little corny but at least it's heartfelt.  Without my mom I wouldn't be the person I am.  If anyone wants to talk about ( not name) things that they think about their mother then go ahead and do so.  I hope that you will be willing to bring up your mothers more freely because, lets be honest, without our mothers we wouldn't be the people we are today.  Please share your comments...

1 comment:

Labels